Mark your calendars for Orphan Sunday on Sunday November 4, 2012
Orphan Sunday is a nationally recognized day fixed on a permanent date (the first Sunday of every November) on the Christian Calendar – when the worship, preaching and teaching are focused on the call of the Church to “look after” the orphans in their distress and the body of Christ is mobilized to act in love on behalf of the worlds orphans.
Orphan Sunday’s Mission is to engage the Christian Church in the call to “look after” the orphans of the world with one voice and with a focused and collective effort that demonstrates the love of Christ to the orphans and to the world.
Orphan Sunday’s Goals are…..
- Educate the Church about the plight of the orphans
- Engage the Church in a sustained, compassionate and comprehensive response on behalf of the orphans
- Unite the Church in purpose and intent with a focused effort that will become a global movement
- Direct the resources of the Church to specific Christian ministries and programs that are transforming the lives of orphans and their communities in the name of Jesus Christ.
Orphan Sunday’s Purpose…..
- Orphan Sunday is an event for the global Christian Church and is not intended to benefit any one particular ministry to orphans and vulnerable children. As such, organizers encourage churches, to work with ministries that they believe are serving orphans and their communities in the name of Jesus Christ.
At the Christian Alliance for Orphan’s micro site for Orphan Sunday you will find instructional materials and other resources useful in building a local Orphan Sunday event. These will include Sermon notes, Sunday school plans for youth or adults, videos, and other materials.
To support HOPE INC’s efforts in making a difference in the lives of Hawaii’s orphans please pray about making a contribution to our ministry.